Sunday, October 10, 2010

Scavenger Hunt-Completed

Update-The final list of all participants is below, mostly with links to the actual posts.

First off, thanks to Antonia Blanca at http://LiftingMeUp.com for organizing this little challenge. It was an entertaining and thought provoking exercise.

This wasn't quite as easy as I thought it would be. Although, part of the reason for that is that I tried to think of other meanings for the themes. Without further ado-here are my pics:

Concrete














Nothing is more concrete than the love a parent has for their child.

Energy













What's more energetic than a child at play?

Lost













Dance













Dancing is simply rhythmic motion. Here, the light is dancing across the image.

Autumn



















Smile



















This is Bridgett. This day was Bridgett's 4th birthday. Bridgett is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Ever.

Confusion



















After a couple of these the whole world starts to look like this.

It's Funny That...















People that have never met can claim to hate a person. It's doubtful that the person that hates the U.S. has ever had a meaningful conversation with an American. It's a near impossibility that they have ever spoken to an Israeli. But they still hate people based on superficial notions.

Anyway, enough preaching. Most of these images were taken within the last few weeks, with the exception of Smile. That one was taken in 2007, but was too good not to include here. So, how did I do?

One more time. Here are the other participants of this digital scavenger hunt. Check out their stuff too. I know I will.



Joocy Bits & Wotnots -- http://funkkeejooce.com/blog/?p=169











7 comments:

  1. I like the way you interpreted the themes. I wholeheartedly agree with concrete and smile. And energy and confusion, too ;) My favorite has to be funny; I'm a sucker for editorial type photographs especially when a strong message is conveyed through them. USA/Israel, what a mess that is... no wonder it's such a controversial subject all over the World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, that one really bothered me. I was having a great day until I came upon that piece of ignorance. I could not let it go without commenting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shots! Concrete and smile are my faves. I like all of them.
    :)

    THANKS FOR PARTIPATING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, all great photos!
    "Lost" is cool... --Especially liked your interpretation of "Concrete". =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! Especially like confusion, as I've been there so many times...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interpretations of the theme! I love it especially concrete and lost. How very creative of you. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there - good set of pics. I think "funny" is thought provoking too.

    Glen

    ReplyDelete